I’m a little delayed on holiday prep since a good bit of last week and this week were spent in sickness. But crunchtime is here!
Fortunately, a load of beautifully decorated cookies from a family friend plus a gingerbread making kit from Moody Mom — thank you again! — has got Santa’s sweets taken care of. But we still need to make reindeer food for the yard on Christmas Eve, too. Click here for the recipe I posted last year and a craft to hold it in.
Things I still want to do with the kids include …
– drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows (hasn’t seemed right when it’s 60 degrees out, but I guess the weather’s about to turn).
– watching Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas.
– wrapping cousins’ gifts and belatedly mail a few.
– family Christmas CD dance party.
– maybe make some Grinch juice and watch the Grinch, or at least read it with Ava. The Grinch is her favorite!
Any other ideas, anyone?