That’s right, I said free movies.
Summer has finally reached Arkansas. If you’re not hanging out at the pool, it’s almost too hot to do any other activity outside right now. Why not pack up the kids and head to Chenal 9 in Little Rock for their Free Summer Vacation Movie Series? A different movie is offered every Tuesday thorough Thursday at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. through August 1.
Racing Stripes kicks off the season June 11-13 – This PG movie is about an abandoned Zebra who is convinced he is a racing horse. The film premiered in 2005 and is one of my daughter’s favorite movies — and yes, we own the DVD.
Need a list of the other movies? No problem, I just happen to have it.
- June 18-20: Sesame Street’s Follow That Bird
- June 25-27: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. This PG film is one of my favorite family movies. Dwayne Johnson (aka Eye Candy) is hilarious.
- July 2-4: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax. Yet another G rated movie, perfect for the young and the old.
- July 9-11: Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted. Can’t go wrong with Madagascar.
- July 16-18: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. I would love to see this movie again.
- July 23-25: Hotel Transylvania. This is another family favorite. My daughter received this movie in her Easter Basket. Every time we watch it, my daughter talks like Dracula for the rest of the day.
- July 30-August 1: Lassie Come Home. Another movie I am eager to see again.
But wait, there’s more! I have always wanted to say that.
Don’t forget the drink, popcorn and candy combos for only $4.50.
Chenal 9 is located in the Promenade at Chenal, 17711 Chenal Pkwy. in Little Rock.
*Note, while this is a compensated post, all opinions expressed belong to me.